After all the excess in December, January is the perfect time for National Detox Month!
We are all guilty of over-indulging during the party season, especially if you are good for most of the year. It’s a chance to let your hair down. The only problem is – eating rich foods and drinking more alcohol than you are used to can take it’s toll on your energy levels as well as your waistline.
A detox can help rejuvenate the body and mind. It can improve your energy, aids weight loss, clear the skin and improve digestion.
We detox twice a year and recommends these Top Five foods and drinks we should add into our diet this month.
- Water should always be at the top of the list to aid digestion, start the day with a cup of warm water and 1/4 squeezed fresh lemon and a slice of root ginger!
- Omega-3 foods like avocado and olive oil
- Green Tea which helps boost your liver function
- Lemon – add some to a glass of water to get your day started
- Beetroot these are full of vitamins B3, B6, C and beta-carotene
1.Avoid teas, coffee and alcohol and replace with water and herbal teas as well as fresh juices
2.Avoid all processed food, so basically anything thats manufactured or comes out of a packet.
3. Always choose organic, grass fed meats and foods over non organic
4. Avoid wheat for e.g breads, pastas, pastries and replace with wheat free alternatives such as buckwheat, quinoa and rye bread
5. Drink apple cider vinegar. You can add 1 or 2 tbs to a glass of water and drink first thing in the morning.
One final piece of advice
Use this time to up your water intake and rehydrate your body – try and continue this into February. It takes 30 days to form a new habit and this is a great one to add to your toolbox to fight weight gain.
If you want help getting your detox and training right then don’t hesitate to get in touch, we have everything from bespoke nutrition programmes, and detox plans you can sign up too, as well as individual or group personal training, and our kettlebell fitcamps!
There really is an option for everyone, so don’t delay, get in touch and lets see how we can start your healthy living journey together.