Steve raced triathlon for 10 years before starting his coaching at Thames Turbo Triathlon club. When the Turbo’s had 3 world class triathletes, Spencer Smith, Stuart Hayes and Tim Don all racing for the club.
Steve then coached for Sigma Sport, where he had 6 of the top junior triathletes in the UK, winning numerous National titles. Steve then became part of the British Triathlon Performance Team. Coaching in France, Hungary and Italy with Great Britain teams.
In 2001 Steve started Core Active running training camps in Majorca, Switzerland as well as the UK. Steve then spent 5 years as a strength and conditioning coach working in football, with Staines FC and Fulham and Chelsea ladies Academies.
Steve qualified as a IKFF Kettlebell Coach and has developed with Roxy the CA Kettlebell Shapes programme
Steve worked extensively with Dr Nicholas Romanov on the Pose Method of Running and has helped 100s of Runners improve & stay injury free
Steve specialises in kettlebells, triathlon, sport specific conditioning and injury rehab.
Roxy has a background in football having played for Afc Wimbledon, Fulham and Chelsea FC. Roxy became Steve’s assistant strength and conditioning coach whilst at Fulham FC.
Roxy studies at St. Mary’s university for her PT qualifications and became a freelance personal trainer. Roxy joined Core Active full time in 2008 and has since worked with Steve on numerous projects for Core Active (see below). Since 2012 Roxy has been racing triathlon racing the National Sprint Champs in 2014.
Roxy qualified as a IKFF Kettlebell Coach and has developed with Steve the CA Kettlebell Shapes programme
Roxy specialise’s in kettlebells, core conditioning, yoga, weight loss and nutritional programmes.
Core Active Background
Steve and Alan Ingarfield formed Core Active in 2001 as a triathlon training company. Alan left in 2003 and went on to start boardman bikes, Roxy has been working alongside Steve since 2008 and below are the numerous projects Core Active have been involved in over the years
- London Triathlon open water swim coaching
- Triathlon training camps across Europe
- Strength and conditioning Football programmes
- Pose Method of Running clinics
- Run Technique workshops for Running clubs and Health clubs.
- Strength & Conditioning Training for Athletes such as Ross Fisher, David Stockdale, Aaron Harris, & others
- IKKF Kettlebell coaching and workshops
- Kettlebell “Shapes” classes across UK health clubs and studios
- Golf show Trigger Point Therapy stand
- Conditioning programmes for Golf professionals including Ross Fisher, James Heath, Adam Gee
- I-Fit – Fitness programmes for schools across Surrey
- RG Active Triathlon Training weekends
- Kettlebells on Tour – London & Surrey
- Core Active Crew Membership
- Filming TV adverts for Nutri Ninja and Sixpad
We have been fortunate to work alongside some of the best coaches in the world in their given field…
Dr Nick Romanov/ Running. Bill Black & Dan Salcado / Triathlon . Steve Cotter/ Kettlebells.
Vern Gambetta & JC Santana/ Conditioning James Moore & Jonathon Lewis/ Physiotherphy .
Core Active Intelligent Fitness Training for all.